Sunday, October 9, 2011

Recovery


I drove through picturesque Wilmington, Vermont only a day before the normally tame Deerfield river rose up in rage and unleashed damages of biblical proportion. I remember regretting not having my camera, as the town was bustling with tourists drawn to its charm that carefree summer afternoon.

This afternoon I retraced my return to Amherst from Arlington, Vermont through Wilmington on a bright beautiful afternoon much like the one six weeks ago, and the town seemed as vibrant now as it did then.

Vermonters are survivors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, thank goodness the federal government came to the rescue because all the roads were cut off. The building you are showing was the police station and Emergency Preparedness Center, which was gutted.